KW Realty Centres Blog
Realtor Safety Reminders
September is Realtor® safety month. KWRC wants to remind all Realtors® to put safety first by sharing this National Association of Realtors® video. Please take the time to watch it and always stay safe.
You Are The Key To Your Safety
- Be aware of surroundings. Proactively learn as much as possible on the people and possible animals associated with each property showing. Continually conduct risk assessments.
- Put phone down when driving. Agents spend a lot of time communicating. However, talking and texting on the phone while driving is dangerous.
- Have a buddy. When you host open houses or meet clients for showings, have an assistant or another person with you, if possible.
- Always let someone know where you are. For showings, tell someone the client’s name and contact information, showing address and estimated time on site. Have a response plan that escalates in force should you not return within a given amount of time. Remember that KWRC participates in the Open Door Partners program as well.
- Have clients fill out information forms. NAR has free downloadable resources, including a prospect information form, which you can customize and use. The form collects important identifying information that should be kept on file at your office.
HLN has also published 7 Safety Tips for Realtors that we encourage Realtors® to review.