KW Realty Centres Blog
5 Tips For a Happy Neighbourhood
Five Tips For a Happy Neighbourhood
Fostering great relationships with your neighbours is the key to a happy community. Whether you're just moving to a new neighbourhood or have lived in one for years, the following tips will help build connections with your neighbours and encourage a friendly rapport:
- Introduce Yourself: Being on a first-name basis with all of your immediate neighbours will establish a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- Go for Walks: Regularly walking around your neighbourhood will increase your chances for meeting new neighbours and give you more opportunities to strike up conversations with ones you already know.
- Give an Unexpected Gift: Giving your neighbours a gift, whether it's something as simple as home-baked cookies or a potted plant, can go a long way in showing that you care about establishing a friendship.
- Organize an Event: Hosting a dinner party or barbecue provides an occasion for neighbours to meet, mingle and have fun!
- Communicate: If you're planning on being out of town, throwing a party, or renovating your home, consider letting your neighbours know as a courtesy.